Have you recently been injured in an auto accident in New York City and suffered a whiplash injury? Skyline PMR specializes in accidental personal injury related conditions including neck damage / whiplash after an accident.
Dr. Monfett provides quality physical therapy, pain management allowing for the most comprehensive treatment options available for whiplash injuries that cause pain to the neck.
In the New York City/ Manhattan accidents happen daily. Not always does an injured person feel pain or is aware of injury due to a sudden rush of adrenaline. Be aware this is not surprising, and doesn’t mean your not injured. Seeking proper treatment after a vehicle accident is crucial to an injured persons recovery.
The most common injury from a car accident is whiplash. Whiplash is caused by a sudden jolt / movement of the head, thrusting backward, forward, or sideways.
Whiplash Treatment At Skyline PMR in NYC / Manhattan
Symptoms from whiplash can be delayed for hours, even days. Once symptoms set in they can include: neck pain, stiffness, and headaches. Whiplash shouldn’t be taken lightly and should be treated in a timely manner.
Recovery from a whiplash injury varies depending the the individual. Some recover quickly while others experience chronic pain and an inability to function properly. Patients with neck damage have reported intense neck pain, disability, and an enhanced sensitivity to pain.
Whiplash Injury Symptoms:
Neck pain / stiffness…
Pain worsens with neck movement…
Loss of range of motion in the neck…
Headaches, most often starting at the base of the skull…
Tenderness or pain in the shoulder, upper back or arms…
Pinched nerves in the neck…
Dr. Monfett, one of the top whiplash injury doctors in New York City, after a full examination, will determine the proper course of treatment to heal your painful neck injury. Whiplash treatment may include include gentle, noninvasive physical therapy that addresses the bones of the head, spinal column and sacrum in order to release compression in those areas which will alleviate stress and pain.
Whiplash Treatments Include:
Auto Accident Injury Treatment
Without the proper pain management after an accident, an individual my suffer pain causing longer recovery time, which will result in being unable to work and function normally. Returning to work after an injury is important for injured individuals, employers, insurers, and regulators.
Skyline PMR understands what’s at stake — the patient comes first!
Trigger point treatments may be performed to treat whiplash injuries, (neck sprain or neck strain). A variety of different medications are injected, including local anesthetics, sterile water, botulinum toxin (Botox), steroids, PRP Therapy, and others. Intramuscular stimulation also aims at relieving muscle pain by dry needling.
Feeling restricted neck movement after a car accident or work accident? Got Whiplash? The sooner you schedule an appointment with a whiplash specialist, the faster you will get better. Contact Dr. Monfett at Skyline PMR in NYC for an immediate appointment for your neck pain / neck strain injury.
Skyline Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Whiplash Injury Accident Clinic
40 Broad Street, Suite 601
New York, NY 10004
Serving New York City Neighborhoods:
MANHATTAN, ALPHABET CITY, BATTERY PARK CITY, BOWERY, CARNEGIE HILL, CHELSEA, CHINATOWN, COOPERATIVE VILLAGE, EAST VILLAGE, GREENWICH VILLAGE, HARLEM, HELL’S KITCHEN, INWOOD, KIPS BAY, KOREATOWN, LENOX HILL, LINCOLN SQUARE, LITTLE GERMANY, LITTLE ITALY, LOWER EAST SIDE, MADISON SQUARE, MANHATTAN VALLEY, MARBLE HILL, MORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS, NOHO, NOLITA, NOMAD, PETER COOPER VILLAGE, ROSE HILL, SOHO, TRIBECA, TUDOR CITY, TWO BRIDGES, UPPER EAST SIDE, UPPER WEST SIDE, WASHINGTON HEIGHTS
1. Anderson SE, Boesch C, Zimmermann H, et al. Are there cervical spine findings at MR imaging that are specific to acute symptomatic whiplash injury? A prospective controlled study with four experienced blinded readers. Radiology. 2012; 262: 567– 575. http://dx.doi.org/10.1148/radiol.11102115 [Crossref] [Medline] , [Google Scholar]
2. Ballantyne JC, Sullivan MD. Intensity of chronic pain—the wrong metric? N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 2098– 2099. http://dx.doi.org/10.1056/NEJMp1507136 [Crossref] [Medline] , [Google Scholar]
3. Barnsley L. Percutaneous radiofrequency neurotomy for chronic neck pain: outcomes in a series of consecutive patients. Pain Med. 2005; 6: 282– 286. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1526-4637.2005.00047.x [Crossref] [Medline] , [Google Scholar]
4. Barnsley L, Bogduk N. Medial branch blocks are specific for the diagnosis of cervical zygapophyseal joint pain. Reg Anesth. 1993; 18: 343– 350. [Medline] , [Google Scholar]
5. Barnsley L, Lord S, Bogduk N. Comparative local anaesthetic blocks in the diagnosis of cervical zygapophysial joint pain. Pain. 1993; 55: 99– 106. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0304-3959(93)90189-V [Crossref] [Medline] , [Google Scholar]
6. Bogduk N, Aprill C. On the nature of neck pain, discography and cervical zygapophysial joint blocks. Pain. 1993; 54: 213– 217. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0304-3959(93)90211-7 [Crossref] [Medline] , [Google Scholar]
7. Carroll LJ, Holm LW, Hogg-Johnson S, et al. Course and prognostic factors for neck pain in whiplash-associated disorders (WAD): results of the Bone and Joint Decade 2000–2010 Task Force on Neck Pain and Its Associated Disorders. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2008; 33: S83– S92. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0b013e3181643eb8 [Crossref] [Medline] , [Google Scholar]
8. https://painandinjury.com/blog/2015/12/20/whiplash-injury-101/ – Whiplash 101
9. https://www.jospt.org/doi/full/10.2519/jospt.2016.6918?src=recsys – Recovery Pathways and Prognosis After Whiplash Injury